Spiced Pumpkin Cornbread (Mandy)
Mandy had bought all the ingredients for this moist, yummy cornbread for the November cornbread, then changed her mind. Thus, she had all the ingredients at the ready.
"I doubled the recipe because it only called for 1 cup of pumpkin, and a can of pumpkin contains about 1 3/4 cups." - Mandy
Buttermilk "Fried" Chicken (Katie)
Yes, that buttermilk made all the difference.
Beer Bread and dip (Jen)
Smoked Motzarella and Tomato blend from Wildtree and the Beer Bread recipe from the MOMS Club cookbook!
Lemon Curd Bars (Alison)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 10-12 oz jar lemon curd
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Line 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar, beat until combined. Add flour and baking powder, beat until combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 2/3 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 5 to 8 min until top is golden. Spread lemon curd over hot crust within 1/2 inch of edges.
- In a bowl mix coconut, almonds and reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle over lemon curd.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top is golden and edges brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Using edges of foil, lift uncut bars from pan. Cut into 32 bars.
Quinoa with Lemon and Avocado (Laura N.)
1 cups quinoa (prepared)
1 diced avocado
1/2 diced red onion
juice of one lemon
1-2 T. olive oil
salt to taste